Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Enrique Excited to be back in Dubai.


Enrique Iglesias is happy to return to Dubai

 


Fact: Heartthrob Enrique Iglesias has never been stalked by a crazed fan. Sounds almost as far fetched as saying his long-term girl Anna Kournikova has no sex appeal.
But according to the Spanish singer it’s the truth.
“I’ve seen fans jump on my car,” he said contemplating the actions of his seriously dedicated fans. “I’ve seen fans hop over very high fences and I often get people throwing articles of clothing on stage. You name it, I’ve seen it,” he added. “But I don’t think I’ve ever really been stalked. “The mail is another story though,” he reveals without elaborating.
Elaborating is something Enrique isn’t so hot at.
Unable to pick up the phone, even in an email chat, Iglesias isn’t the most forthcoming, which could explain his private life which has surprisingly, given his popularity, remained relatively private.
Former tennis ace Kournikova and Iglesias have always managed to remain relatively low-drama in terms of the ‘celebrity couple’.

Confusion was caused however after he referred to the blonde bombshell as his wife on stage at a concert in Russia last year. “It was just meant to be sweet in the moment. I honestly didn’t mean to confuse people. I thought it’d be easier for the audience to understand than if I said “my girl”.
“But wouldn’t the lovely Anna like to be Mrs Iglesias one day,” we asked. “I’m not sure, I’d have to ask her first before answering that,” he quipped sarcastically.
You can’t help but wonder why marriage and babies aren’t catapulted to the forefront of his mind. “I have no current family plans,” he insists before throwing us an exclusive hot potato adding “But who knows!”
Surely that signals there’s something on the cards?
“Love is just such a big part of everyone’s lives,” said Iglesias. “And sometimes it’s just what inspires me.”
Kournikova and Iglesias first met when the music star hand-picked her, then 20, to play his love interest in his incredibly steamy 2001 music video for Escape. However the singer says he won’t be exchanging rings any time soon, if ever, despite their 11-year relationship.
The 36-year-old Latin singer recently told an American magazine “I’ve never really thought marriage would make a difference. Maybe it’s because I come from divorced parents, but I don’t think you love someone more because of a piece of paper. And nowadays, it’s not taboo to have kids and not be married. What makes a difference is that you’re a good parent, period.”
The youngest son of acclaimed Spanish singer Julio Iglesias and his Filipina wife, Isabel Preysler, a model-turned-journalist, within five years of beginning his musical career in the 1990s, he was the biggest selling singer of Spanish-language albums of the decade.
Having lived in Miami since the age of seven, Iglesias says “home will always be here” but says he likes to travel.
“I love Dubai because it’s has an endless supply of beauty and culture,” he said. “With the astonishing architecture of the Emirates Towers, and some of the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever seen, I’m always happy to return. Not to mention the extremely devoted fans.”
Finally starting to slowly find a voice, Iglesias was passionate when it came to talk of his Dubai show on Friday at the city’s World Trade Centre. “My Dubai fans are some of the most interactive ones on my website and are the most enthusiastic during concerts. I am very happy to finally return as it’s been quite a few years. Fans can expect a fun evening full of hits both old and new. I also have a brand new production which I feel everyone will enjoy.”
But that was all he was giving away, scurrying back into his shell. “That’s all I can give as hints,” he said trying to be playful but not quite pulling it off. “You’ll have to come to the show and see for yourself.”
Iglesias, who performed in 2004 at Dubai Media City and at a private party in 2008 in Dubai, has sold more than 100 million records worldwide, making him one of the best selling Spanish language artists of all time
Admitting his impulsive tendencies (“I can definitely be at times”), Iglesias made headlines when he snapped up a private jet before he even had his pilot’s licence. Worth it though, as rumour has it the star will be flying himself to the UAE this weekend in his own vehicle.
Private planes, fancy cars, famous girls, a recent tour with superstar JLo and you’d think the fame game would have gone to his head.
His personal demands at shows say otherwise. “To be honest, I have nothing weird on my rider,” he said. “I’m serious,” came next as if he’d pre-empted the rolling of eyes. “I’m a very simple guy. All I ask is for some water, sodas, and my Atlantico rum for my pre-show ‘shot’ ritual.”
So is there anything wrong with this seemingly perfect human being?
“I think my worst habit is that I work too much. My manager always tells me that, but I can’t help loving what I do.”
We’ll let you off, Enrique.
 
Don’t miss it

No comments:

Post a Comment